Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Was Frank Mir out of line?

"I like to think that just for the reason that I’m pretty candid when I speak about things. A lot of individuals are so worried about being politically correct and you know a lot of fighters you know we’re all together I hear them, "Oh, don’t say that because you know the fans won’t like you!" I’m like you know what dude, I’ve realized a long time ago you’re going to have fans who love you and fans that hate you and I’d rather go ahead and say what’s on my mind than to sit there and come up with some PC you know "Oh you know the guy’s a great fighter and I have a lot of respect of him!" And if I don’t mean it, then why is it even coming out of my mouth because whose interested in hearing that?

You see the same cookie cutter responses. "Oh, who do you want to fight next? Well, whoever the UFC deems me, I just want to fight anybody!" I’m like man, I’ve heard that a thousand times! I want to fight Lesnar. I hate who he is as a person, I want to break his neck in the ring, I want him to be the first person that dies due to Octagon-related injuries. That’s what’s going through my mind."



That my friends is what former UFC Heavyweight Champion Frank Mir had to say in a radio interview Friday. Looking at this in context this is a pretty terrible thing to say and since Friday Dana White has made Mir apologize, but looking at this from another perspective is what Mir said really all that much different than what one BJ Penn said last year when he told fans he would fight Georges St. Pierre "To the Death." What do you fans think sound off here.

No comments:

Post a Comment